In the past few years my eye have been opened to a whole bunch of new foods…and who knew!? They are pretty darn good! Quinoa is one of those I had never heard of before 2 years ago. Maybe that makes me sheltered I don’t know…but I do know the first step to this interesting food is how to SAY IT!! It sounds nothing like how it is spelled, Quinoa but pronounced KEEN-WA. Its technically a seed but its something close to a rice when you are cooking with it, except more tasty. Its taking my about an hour to write this short intro because Ive been watching “Bad Grandpa” , don’t judge me, its pretty hilarious lol.
Steak & Quinoa Bowl
Steak, Quinoa, Avocado, Cilantro and Mushrooms all mixed up in a bowl!
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- Yield : 2-4 Bowls
Nutrition facts :
1. Over Medium-High heat sauté mushrooms in butter or Olive Oil. Until lightly browned and tender. When they are done cooking, put them in a small bowl and set aside.
2. In same skillet cook steak however you would like. The method and seasoning is completely personal preference in this instance. I have an indoor grill I love to use but in this case I just cooked it in a skillet with olive oil. When steak is done to your likeness, slice the steak into thin strips.
3. While steak is cooking, prepare the Quinoa according to package directions.
4. Slice Avocado in half, remove seed, scoop out "meat" and cut into bite size pieces.
5. Finely chop cilantro
6. Put about 3/4 cup of the cooked Quinoa into a bowl. Mix in the mushrooms, cilantro, and avocado. Place 4-5 oz. of sliced steak on top.
Serving sizes can vary based on appetite size for the Steak & Quinoa Bowl 🙂