Today is one of those days…one of those days I should back away from computer for a little bit and do something else. So I did! I made some yummy lunch. Looking at ingredients in the fridge and on the counter this is what I came up with and it was MIGHTY tasty and I can see all kinds of variations you could do.
Variation: Add a couple of eggs and make ham mixture into a scramble first. Breakfast!
Ham Stuffed Acorn Squash
Simple lunch! Ham, Onion, Mushrooms, Acorn Squash!
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 40 minutes
- Yield : 2 Squash Bowls
Nutrition facts :
1. Cut acorn squash in half, scoop out the seeds and lay skin side out onto baking sheet. Cook for 40 minutes on 350º until tender
2. While squash is cooking, dice ham, slice mushrooms, dice onion.
3. In a pan on medium heat first add onion to oil or butter. Cook 5-8 minutes until it gets see through and tender then add ham. Cook ham until heated through and slightly browned.
4. Add mushrooms to ham and onions and cook until tender. Stir until combined and salt and pepper to taste.
6. After squash is cooked add the ham mixture to the inside of the squash.
7. Lay Smoked Swiss cheese on top to melt if it doesn't melt you can put in microwave for 30 seconds or back in oven for a couple of minutes to melt.